We've made the process of syncing merchant locations for programs simple. At a high-level, syncing merchant locations involves adding all merchant locations to each program and then sending the locational information to the applicable card schemes (Visa, Mastercard and/or Amex), in order to make sure your program is ready to process credit and debit card transactions.
⏰ Total time to sync all merchant locations: 13 working days
The Process: 📋
- Submit merchant location information on Fidel dashboard (Dashboard.Fidel.uk) to be sent to card schemes
- Wait for submitted locations to be approved and synced by all applicable card-schemes (Visa, Mastercard and Amex)
- Once locations are synced, you're ready to go live!
1️⃣ Submit merchant location information
- To add a merchant location, login to your Fidel Dashboard account (Dashboard.Fidel.uk), go to 'Programs' and click the "+" button on the top-right.
- Fill out the following fields needed to submit a merchant location: (see below) and "save."
⭐️ Note! If you have many merchant locations, have one of your developers add the locations, rather than doing it manually. For more information visit: https://docs.fidel.uk/programs
2️⃣ Wait for submitted locations to be approved and synced by all applicable card schemes (Visa, Mastercard and Amex)
Each location can have one of four statuses for each card scheme:
3️⃣ Once locations are synced by card schemes (and have a "Active" status"), you're ready to go live! ✅
⭐️ Follow your syncing status using the progress bar:
When your Program is syncing, follow the status on the progress bar where you can follow the current status and estimated finish time.
🤷♀️🤷♂️ What do to if the status of a location is "Failed?"
If a location has the status "Failed," the locational data entered was returned as 'invalid' by the specified card scheme. This means that the card scheme(s) could not match the given address to a merchant location in their database. This could be for a variety of different reasons. It's possible the locational information inputted was incorrect or a duplicate MID exists.
If a location does "fail," please continue with the following steps:
𝟏. Double-check all address information is correct
𝟐. Double-check the merchant brand name is accurate and matches the official registered brand name.
𝟑. If using a Payment Facilitator (such as iZettle, PayPal, Square, Sumup or others), please reach out to your partnering Payment Facilitator and request a unique merchant ID (MID).
4. If after completing the steps above the location is stilled 'failed,' a test transaction at the retailer location will need to take place. Once the test transaction has been completed, email email@example.com with the following information:
- Fidel CardID (found on the Fidel Dashboard)
- Transaction amount
- Date of transaction
The matching process done by the card schemes is unfortunately something Fidel has no control over. However, if you have further questions please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll always try our best to help! ☺️