To make the best decisions, you need context. In practical terms that means data. That’s why we’ve compiled a few quick tips to make tracking your customer transactions even easier.
🧐 To get started, navigate your way over to the Transactions tab on the Fidel Dashboard.
💳 Transaction Status & Timestamp
How to read a transaction’s status and timestamp
- Status Type:
- Cleared = Transaction processed
- Auth = Transaction authorised in real-time (RT), but not yet processed
- Real-Time Capabilities:
- MasterCard: Available
- Amex: Available
- Visa: Coming mid-2019
- Transaction Status: ✅
- Real-time: For purchases made on cards with RT capabilities (MasterCard & Amex), the transaction status will show “Auth” seconds after a transaction is made. Then once fully processed, the status will show “Cleared.”
- Non-real-time: For purchases made on cards without RT capabilities (Visa), transactions will show up on your dashboard 48-72 hours after the transaction is made.
- Transaction Timestamp: ⏰
- A full transaction clearing takes between 48 and 72 hours depending on card scheme for it to appear on the dashboard.
- Real-time: The timestamp will match the actual time the transaction occurred.
- Non-real-time: The timestamp won’t be accurate, as real-time data is not tracked and is often later than when the actual transaction took place.
🛒 Which merchants have real-time capabilities?
Check with your merchants to confirm who has real-time compatibility.
📆 When will real-time transations with Visa be available?
Visa real-time will be arriving mid-2019… stay tuned!
Identifying transactions which were returned
- Fidel processes all refund data. Once a refund is applied, it shows up on the dashboard as a negative transaction.
- Returns will show up as a separate transaction.
- Please make sure you’re aware of merchant return policies.
💻 Support and Queries
We’re here to help!
Questions? Just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Depending on your query, please include the following details when applicable:
- Transaction ID
You can locate ID info for transactions by clicking on the double arrows icon: < >
While we’re hanging out, why not check out our last Fidel in Focus - Q&A article which explains the merchant syncing process?
Happy linking! 🤓
The Fidel Team